[protege-owl] Plugin Development - Accessing Jess Rule Engine failed

Rita Marnau rma at informatik.uni-kiel.de
Mon Aug 9 07:17:12 PDT 2010

Hello,

for my protege plugin I want to use the jess rule engine, but I don't
succeed in accessing it.
In the swrl tag, the  SQWRL-Button is shown (but not the jesstab
button). When I click it, I get the message that no brigdes are registered.

Situation: development in eclipse, starting protege via eclipse.
-Run Configuration: Working Directory is Protege 3.4.4, added jess libs
in the plugin folder of protege 3.4.4 edu.stanford.smi.protegex.owl
(jess bridge is available when starting protege stand-alone without eclipse)
-For developing I get the protege-owl and protege-core source code and
added theses projects to the library of my plugin project
     I added jess libs in the lib folder of protege-owl
- I added jess libs in the lib folder of my plugin project

Nevertheless jess seems not to be find. I think it has something to do
with the protege-owl source code. What do I have to do to get jess
access via eclipse ?
Thanks for help!

Rita