[protege-owl] Protege OWL API and Property Chains

Rachael Richardson rachael at
Mon Aug 9 18:00:04 PDT 2010

I am familiar with the use of property chains through the protege gui,
but I cannot figure out how to create one using the API.

given this toy example:

OWLNamedClass Man = owlModel.createOWLNamedClass("Man");
OWLObjectProperty hasBrother = owlModel.createOWLObjectProperty("hasBrother");
OWLObjectProperty hasFather = owlModel.createOWLObjectProperty("hasFather");

how can I create an OWLObjectProperty hasUncle which is a composition
of hasFather and hasBrother?