[protege-owl] plugin-development: Working with multiple OWL Files

Rita Marnau rma at informatik.uni-kiel.de
Fri Aug 13 05:15:44 PDT 2010

Hi,

I am developing a Protege tab plugin. Herefore I am working with my own
ontology which imports the actual project ontology when the tab is
activated.
The problem is that my tab doesnt recognize any changes made in the
project ontology during runtime. When the user changes something, adding
a new class, some indivduals etc,
  my tab doesn't note anything. It still shows and uses all
classes/individuals etc from the project ontology in original state
(when the tab opened the first time).
Do I have to make a reimport, when something changed? How can I
recognize easily that the project ontology has changed? For example when
my tab gets the focus?
Or is there an easier way to have always the current project data in my
ontology available?

Situation:
                 plugin-ontology<-------import------project-ontology

tab-plugin working with plugin-ontology, changes of
project-ontology possible, data in plugin-ontology should be
synchronized: current data of project ontology should be always available.

Thanks very much for help!

Rita