[protege-owl] how to preserve the ontology URI when saving it?

Julio Cesar dos Reis julio.reis at cti.gov.br
Sat Aug 21 11:19:08 PDT 2010

Hi. My doubt is on how to preserve the ontology URI when saving it.
After loading an owl file into a JenaOWLModel and making some things,
like including a new SWRL rule.... (e.g. SWRLImp imp =
factory.createImp(rule); )

so I would like to save the model with such modifications with the same URI.

the following code enables me to save the model that I have loaded, but
when I open the owl file created the ontology uri is the: file system
path/xxx.owl.. :(

                String fileName = "xxx.owl";
                Collection errors = new ArrayList();
                this.owlModel.save(new File(fileName).toURI(),
FileUtils.langXMLAbbrev, errors);
                System.out.println("File saved with " + errors.size() +
" errors.");

I would like to save the model updating the original owl file or making
a new copy of the original owl ontology but preserving the uri. :)

Could you help me?

thank you

Regards

Júlio