[protege-owl] Import problems in 4.1 beta

Timothy Redmond tredmond at stanford.edu
Tue Aug 24 08:00:39 PDT 2010

On 08/23/2010 07:00 AM, Alexander Nakhimovsky wrote:
> I select "Import an ontology contained in a specific file", browse to
> D:\neh\onto\imports\wgs84_pos.rdf, and click Continue. Nothing gets
> copied in the next box, Confirm Imports. If I click Finish, I get a
> null pointer exception.

Thanks for the information.  This is a bug in Protege 4.1 that I fixed
on trunk yesterday.  I will look into seeing if I can release an update
for this.

The reason that it failed is that the ontology is anonymous.  Most OWL
ontologies have names and it is clear that it was intended that this
ontology would be named

    http://www.w3.org/2003/01/geo/wgs84_pos

However the OWL information has been stripped out so the the name of the
ontology is lost.  Unfortunately the Protege 4.1 code was a bit sloppy
with anonymous ontologies.

-Timothy