[protege-owl] Inverse properties

ali.hassan at telecom-bretagne.eu ali.hassan at telecom-bretagne.eu
Thu Aug 26 11:33:46 PDT 2010

Hi,

I am trying to use inverse properties to build a model.
I have three concepts:
W, S, and P. all disjoint.
and one property: 'connectTo'.

S has the following restriction:
there exist connectTo W

P has the following restriction:
there exist connectTo W

W has the following restriction:
<= 1 connectTo  (number restriction)

I expect the reasoner to issue an error since W will have two connecTo
relations, while it is allowed at max one.

The reasoner (pallet and FaCT++, with protege 3.4 and 4.0) does not complain!!
Surprisingly, the reasoner will issue an error if we place the
connectTo restriction in the W description. This supposed to make no
difference since connectTo is reflexive, ie p connectTo W is
completely equivalent to W connectTO p!!!(I suppose)

Thanks for help..