Search Mailing List Archives


Limit search to: Subject & Body Subject Author
Sort by: Reverse Sort
Limit to: All This Week Last Week This Month Last Month
Select Date Range     through    

[protege-owl] Pellet performance or Error in Ontology?

Cao Tuan-Dung caotuandung at gmail.com
Tue Aug 31 01:49:40 PDT 2010


>
> Hi all,
>
> First, my apology if the mail repeated , but I do not received the mail
> sent to list.
>
> I have used Jena (2.6.2) with Pellet (2.2) for developping a tool that
> support the analyze about source code of a Java Project.
> To do this, I have been building an ontology OWL (created using
> Protege-OWL) to stores metadata about structure and relationship between
> code entities. Now the ontology contains about 2000 individuals.
> But when i make quite simple query (query1) to search a query A that call
> query B which has name as C, Pellet take very long time; more than 15
> minutes for about 935 instances of Method class, while when i make a simpler
> query (query2) such as :
>
> - Find Fields of a specific class ---> It gives results immediately.
>
> I don't think that the size and the complexity of my ontology is the cause
> for this problem. I've checked my ontology and the query carefully but I can
> not solve the problem.
>
> Is my rules are not good or the does the ontology contain error?
>
> Can you give somes advices,
>
> I very appreciate any help.
>
> I would like to show you my two queries
>
> query method (very slowly)
> PREFIX sourcecode: <http://hut.edu.vn/ontology/sourcecode#>
> PREFIX document: <http://hut.edu.vn/ontology/document#>
> PREFIX rdfs: <http://www.w3.org/2000/01/rdf-schema#>
> PREFIX rdf: <http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#>
> PREFIX fn: <http://www.w3.org/2005/xpath-functions#>
> PREFIX owl: <http://www.w3.org/2002/07/owl#>
> PREFIX xsd: <http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema#>
> SELECT DISTINCT ?a ?b
> WHERE
> {
> OPTIONAL{?a rdf:type <http://hut.edu.vn/ontology/sourcecode#Method>.}
> OPTIONAL{?b rdf:type <http://hut.edu.vn/ontology/sourcecode#Method>.}
> ?a <http://hut.edu.vn/ontology/sourcecode#usesMethod> ?b.
> ?b <http://hut.edu.vn/ontology/sourcecode#hasName> ?x0
> filter(fn:contains(fn:lower-case(?x0),'setclassname')).
> }
>
> query field
> PREFIX sourcecode: <http://hut.edu.vn/ontology/sourcecode#>
> PREFIX document: <http://hut.edu.vn/ontology/document#>
> PREFIX rdfs: <http://www.w3.org/2000/01/rdf-schema#>
> PREFIX rdf: <http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#>
> PREFIX fn: <http://www.w3.org/2005/xpath-functions#>
> PREFIX owl: <http://www.w3.org/2002/07/owl#>
> PREFIX xsd: <http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema#>
> SELECT DISTINCT ?a ?b
> WHERE
> {
> OPTIONAL{?a rdf:type <http://hut.edu.vn/ontology/sourcecode#Field>.}
> OPTIONAL{?b rdf:type <http://hut.edu.vn/ontology/sourcecode#Class>.}
> ?b <http://hut.edu.vn/ontology/sourcecode#hasField> ?a.
> ?b <http://hut.edu.vn/ontology/sourcecode#hasName> ?x0
> filter(fn:contains(fn:lower-case(?x0),'WebService')).
> }
>
> AND my ontology Data in the zip attached file ontologyquery.zip123 (I use
> import statement between ontologies so please change it to your correct path
> if you want to test it )
>
> TIA
>
> Tuan CAO
>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://mailman.stanford.edu/pipermail/protege-owl/attachments/20100831/665e8195/attachment.html>
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: ontologyquery.zip123
Type: application/octet-stream
Size: 71621 bytes
Desc: not available
URL: <http://mailman.stanford.edu/pipermail/protege-owl/attachments/20100831/665e8195/attachment.zip123>


More information about the protege-owl mailing list