[protege-owl] How to get property assertions

Ishan ishandone at
Tue Aug 31 03:58:03 PDT 2010

Hi all,

I am using a local copy of unit.owl
( and I want retrieve the
symbol of individual "meter" of class "LengthUnit". When I opened the owl
file through protege I can see it listed down under the data property
assertions of "meter".
How can I retrieve this through a java application. I am using protegeAPI.

This is what I have tried up to now...

RDFSNamedClass cls =
        Collection col3 = cls.getInstances(true);
        System.out.println("INSTANCE COUNT : " + col3.size());
        RDFProperty pr = owlModel.getRDFProperty("rdf:symbol");
        for (Iterator it = col3.iterator(); it.hasNext();) {
            RDFIndividual object = (RDFIndividual);
            System.out.println("INS: " + object.getLocalName());
Sent from the Protege OWL mailing list archive at