[protege-owl] How to use GraphViz in Protege -Owl

Timothy Redmond tredmond at
Tue Aug 31 11:37:30 PDT 2010

On 08/31/2010 02:08 AM, Farhana Sarker wrote:
> Hi,
> I have installed GraphViz 2.26.3 in my iMac and also I am using
> Protege-Owl from version Protege 3.4.4.
> I have built my owl ontology now I like to see the graph using
> graphviz. I was expected while I installed GraphViz in my pc it will
> automatically show as a TAB in Protege-Owl but there is no option i
> found for GraphViz.
> Could you please inform me how I can use GraphViz to see my ontology
> architecture?

You need to enable the OWL-viz tab (Project->Configure->Tab Widgets  and
select the OWLViz Tab).

There may be some difficulty telling Protege where to find the dot
program.  Originally on a mac, we used to go to the OWL viz options and
select the graphviz application.  But at some point it  changed and we
started going to /usr/local/bin/dot.  Maybe the OWL viz  tab will find
your dot  program automatically.  I thought we had a wiki  entry about this.