[protege-owl] Unexpected error with swrlm:eval optional subsequent argument

Michael Lodemann milo at
Tue Feb 23 05:41:46 PST 2010

Hello again,

apart from my issue with the enumeration in swrl I receive an error
running the following rule using P3.4.3:

oc:Route(?r) ∧
oc:Overlap(?o) ∧
oc:hasOverlap(?r, ?o) ∧
oc:vMax(?r, ?v) ∧
oc:overlapLength(?o, ?l) ∧
swrlm:eval(?result, "v * 3.6 * 2", ?v) ∧
swrlb:greaterThanOrEqual(?result, ?l)
→ oc:CorrectOverlapLengthPerRoute(?r)

error running SQWRL queries: error running Jess rule engine: Jess
reported an error in routine invokeSWRLBuiltIn
while executing (invokeSWRLBuiltIn ?ruleName ?builtInName ?index false
$?dependsOnVariables $?variableNames $?arguments)
while executing defrule MAIN::InvokeSWRLBuiltInRule.
Message: exception thrown by built-in in rule
exception thrown by built-in swrlm:eval in rule
or:CorrectOverlapPerRoute: exception parsing expression 'v * 3.6 * 2':
Unrecognized symbol "v"

Why is this so? I think the syntax swrlm:eval(?result, "v * 3.6 * 2",
?v) should be right though overlapLength is a datatype property with
range float.