[protege-owl] Best way to create submenu in tools menu from ViewComponent plugin

Timothy Redmond tredmond at
Sat Jan 2 17:27:27 PST 2010

There is a plugin type for menus.  So for example, the tools menu has a
Usage item.  The declaration in the org.protege.editor.owl plugin.xml
file for this menu item looks like this:

    <extension id="file.usage"
        <name value="Usage..."/>
        <class value="org.protege.editor.owl.ui.action.ShowUsageAction"/>
        <toolTip value="Shows the usage of the selected entity"/>
        <path value=""/>
        <editorKitId value="OWLEditorKit"/>

I need to write a wiki article on this because it can be a bit tricky to
get the SlotR-B part right (which is what puts the menu item in a
particular spot in the menu.