[protege-owl] looking for a good owl pattern

AlexJ alexjudin at gmail.com
Mon Jan 4 08:23:39 PST 2010

well, what is always confusing me is how to link all of that to practical
use... It looks like very atomizing and to be vety hard to extract new
useful knowledge.
For instance, sticking to my original example (a number of articles linked
to some Knowledge Areas), all I can infer from that ontology is the fact of
belonging of an article to a branch of knowledge and that is all I can. I
probably can also add some more properties like hasReference (Article
hasReference Article) or hasAuthor (Article hasAuthor some Author).
What advantages may I have using DL here?  Linking to your Ducks and Wings,
shall I add more detail like to split the boiling area to water, bubbles
etc, wouldn't it be too much?
That is actually an answer on what kind of knowledge I am looking for... any
not obvious knowledge which can not be easy inferred by user himself.

And thanks for your answers :)