[protege-owl] ordered lists in OWL

Timothy Redmond tredmond at stanford.edu
Wed Jan 6 06:33:36 PST 2010

> To model in OWL a route through several cities, I do not know what is
> good practice: use rdf:List , or rdf:Seq , or something else .
You are thinking at the rdf level of abstraction and not the owl level.
If you use rdf:List or rdf:Seq then you will have an owl full
specification.  Reasoners generally will not work and it is very likely
that the meaning of the ontology will not be the same for each reader.

Nick Drummond has given several presentations where he has described how
to do what you want in OWL and exactly what you can say in OWL.  A quick
google search gives the powerpoint presentation [1] where he describes
the approach.  There is also an ontology that you can find here [2].

-Timothy

[1]
http://www.co-ode.org/resources/tutorials/bio/slides/owl-lists29_11_05.ppt
[2] http://www.co-ode.org/ontologies/lists/2008/09/11/list.owl