Search Mailing List Archives
[protege-owl] Announce: EulerGUI 1.4
jeanmarc.vanel at gmail.com
Wed Jan 6 10:32:15 PST 2010
EulerGUI is a GUI for RDF, N3 and rules, open source in Java.
The preceding announce for EulerGUI on this list was :
I said that the rule language is N3
logic<http://www.w3.org/DesignIssues/N3Logic>. N3 logic is similar to
SWRL in its semantics, but the syntax is similar to
the body of SPARQL queries.
But I forgot to say that, contrary to SWRL, the predicates and classes do
not need to be declared beforehand. There are 4 rule engines available,
including one 100% Java based on the famous RETE engine
EulerGUI has a notion of project, including many kinds of sources that
participate in the inference launch: N3, RDF, OWL/RDF, XMI/UML, plain XML,
results of SPARQL queries.
The Euler <http://eulersharp.sourceforge.net/> Prolog engine can use rules
in N3 logic for most of OWL concepts, see documents in owl-*.n3 in
The main new feature in this release is plain XML import and export, based
on XML Schema and a reasonable mapping between RDF and plain XML. The
following XML Schema are hard coded (but you may ask for more): XHTML, SVG,
MathML, XForms, XSLT, WSDL, DocBook, XBRL, Maven, Dublin Core in XML, UBL
(from Oasis), KML (geography).
There is also a new N3 / RDF source: query from SPARQL services (using ARQ
2.8.2 from Jena project ) .
[EulerGUI 1.4 2010-01-05]
- update to Euler(sharp) 2009-12-18
- D'n'D for URL of project documents
- New Action to Open result in N3 editor;
the result (originally in N-Triples) is converted in N3.
- new N3 source: query from SPARQL services (using ARQ 2.8.2)
- First shot at integrating OWL reasoner Pellet: show class tree for all
- export from N3/RDF to plain XML, with Gloze converter, for project sources
and inference result
- larger set of preconfigured XML Schemata for importing and exporting
- now drag'n'drop with a plain XML (non RDF) works and is processed by
- Drools N3 engine : combine e:findall and math:memberCount; implemented
greaterThan, notLessThan, notGreaterThan, notEqualTo, equalTo
- keep the order of N3 statement by the parser
- upgrade Jena to version 2.6.2
- upgrade Drools to 5.1.0M1
- add Jemmy GUI high-level functionnal tests
- svn revision number and Class-Path are visible in Help / About ... as
- import URL with .xml suffix: distinguish RDF and plain XML files
Consulting, services, training,
Rule-based programming, Semantic Web
+33 (0)6 89 16 29 52 -- +33 (0)1 39 55 58 16
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the protege-owl