[protege-owl] Accessing language of rdfs:label property through SWRL

Martin O'Connor martin.oconnor at
Thu Jan 7 07:12:21 PST 2010

The rdfb:hasLanguageLabel built-in will only evaluate to true if an entity has a language tag associated with its label. So, something like

Wine(?x) ∧ rdfb:hasLabelLanguage(?x, "fr") ^ rdfb:hasLabel(?x, ?label) -> sqwrl:select(?x, ?label)

will give you labels only for entities with a French language tag.

----- Original Message -----
From: "mopatr" <moserpatrick at>
To: protege-owl at
Sent: Thursday, January 7, 2010 2:22:58 PM GMT +00:00 GMT Britain, Ireland, Portugal
Subject: Re: [protege-owl] Accessing language of rdfs:label property through SWRL

Hi martin

I implemented the built-in successful. However, I couldn't solve my problem
completely. So far I can check whether a class has a rdfs:label with a
specific language or not. But now I would like to use the label value

In the example I would like to check whether the class wine has an label
with the language 'fr'.

Wine(?x) ∧ rdfb:hasLabelLanguage(?x, "fr") → sqwrl:select(?x)

When an individual has such a label, I would like to use its value, so I
would like to retrieve the label value with the language 'fr' of these

Is this somehow possible?

Thanks for your help!

Sent from the Protege OWL mailing list archive at
protege-owl mailing list
protege-owl at

Instructions for unsubscribing: