[protege-owl] Ontology Formats

Thomas Russ tar at ISI.EDU
Thu Jan 7 12:43:47 PST 2010

On Jan 7, 2010, at 10:33 AM, Juliet Gwenzi wrote:

> Dear all
> Was wondering if someone can help me with information on the
> different ontology formats and structures that are there. i have
> been seraching on the Net but getting just not enough information.

Are you asking this as a narrow OWL question?
Then the answers might be RDF, RDF-Abbrev, Manchester, Turtle, etc.

Or are you asking about other potential formalisms?
   Frames
   Semantic Nets
   Description Logics (including OWL, Classic, and Loom)
   First Order Logic (including KIF and CLIF) [and PowerLoom]
   F-Logic
   Datalog
   Concept Maps
   Relational Algebra (RDBMS)