[protege-owl] Jess rules from Protege OWL

Hailin Wang whlsx62 at
Sat Jan 9 05:57:20 PST 2010

Hi Host

I have a question to ask you.

I have installed Protege OWL Editor 3.4. and added Jess 7.1p1‏. I
successfully activated the SWRL Jess Tab in Protege; rules and axioms
import to Jess as well. But when I test Jess inference engine by using
the following rule:

Person(?y)  ∧  hasChild(?y, ?x)  ∧  hasChild(?y, ?z)  ∧
differentFrom(?x, ?z) → hasSibling(?x, ?z),

the inference gives no results. If I remove 'differentFrom' predicate,
the rule works. Certainly it returns some extra axioms like

I conclude that restriction 'differentFrom' does not work despite is
importing without error messages. Could you tell me what my problem

Thank you for your consideration. I am looking forward to hear from your soon.

Happy New Year!

Sincerely yours,

Wang Hl

Taiyuan, China