[protege-owl] (no subject)

Thomas Schneider schneidt at cs.man.ac.uk
Mon Jan 11 09:55:23 PST 2010

Hi Elda,

I'm not sure about the cloning, but I don't think there's an easy
method because it will be necessary to rename all entities---or at
least change their namespace---in order to make entities and axioms of
different copies of the ontology distinct from each other. I
personally would probably go about doing this programmatically if I
had the need for this task.

Methodologically, I'm afraid that your cloning approach will give you
distorted results: your "huge" ontologies will end up having very
regular structures, so the times measured will only tell you about the
performance for this particular shape of ontology, not about general
shapes with significantly less regularity.

Cheers

Thomas