[protege-owl] How to use SQWRL to retrieve Inferred Knowledge

Damir Kahvedzic damir164 at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Jan 13 06:53:41 PST 2010

Hi

I am trying to use SQWRL queries to retrieve knowledge inferred by pellet in Protege 3.4.2. I know that SQWRL can be used to extract Asserted but not the inferred knowledge. SQWRL queries do not use any reasoner when they are executed but there was talk of a "hybrid" approach being created to fix this [1] . I can't seem to find any information if this was done. If it was can someone please show me how to use this with JAVA.

I can infer, classifiy and retrieve inferred knowledge using the approach in [2]. However I would really like to use SQWRL queries instead.

Thanks

[1] http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.misc.ontology.protege.owl/24497
[2]http://protegewiki.stanford.edu/index.php/ProtegeReasonerAPI

Damir