[protege-owl] connecting data properties between classes

James Prentice prentice.j.a at gmail.com
Wed Jan 13 14:08:03 PST 2010

Thanks for your response.

> From your description, it isn't even clear to me how you identify the two
> instances that you want to have share a value.  Presumably there is some
> other property relating those two instances?  Especially since you talk of
> property chains?

Yes, I am assuming that the instances themselves are linked by an
object property. To give a toy example, say we have two instances of a
Person class, connected by a (symmetric) hasSpouse object property.
There is a contactNumber data property and an emergencyNumber data
property. The emergencyNumber for person A should be set to the
contactNumber for person B. In this case, they are instances of the
same class but I'm also imagining cases where there would be instances
of different classes.

It sounds like SWRL rules are the way to go.

Cheers,
Jim