[protege-owl] properties on classes?

Anthony McCallum mccallum.anthony at gmail.com
Tue Jan 19 17:07:28 PST 2010

Thanks for your response.  As of now I am still working on a simple
classification which will not rely on reasoning.  However, I would
like to ensure that this structure will allow for certain
characteristics to be attached to some of the classes that I have
defined.  So perhaps in the future, we would like to be able to reason
and automatically classify individuals based on these properties.
Based on your answer, I understand that this could potentially be
possible if I use OWL-Full.  This automatic classification will not be
attempted for quite some time (if ever) so I believe that OWL-Full
should be appropriate (assuming that new reasoners, etc. will now be
using OWL-Full).  Please let me know if I am completely wrong on this.

On another note, is there any way to reason using annotation
properties, or do these have no logical significance?

Thanks,
Anthony