[protege-owl] Rules in Protege 4.x

Poovendran Moodley moodleyp at cs.ukzn.ac.za
Thu Jan 21 02:22:39 PST 2010

Hi there,

I haven't used ontology rules before, thought the concept seems interesting.
However, in the first case you described, I agree with Thomas. I'm assuming
that you have a *hasRating* data property for the restaurants? Therefore the
following equivalence class would list all of the members you require:

Restaurant and hasRating some int[>= 7]

Basically, if an individual is a *Restaurant* and it has a
*hasRating*relationship with a data value that's an in and >= 7, then
that individual
must belong to said class. I think that the above is the general approach
one would take to model what you initially suggested.

King regards
Pooven