[protege-owl] Enumerated Classes and Special Relationships

sefunmi Arogundade sheflaw at
Thu Jan 21 07:30:57 PST 2010

i f I can get you right, you mean you want all individual of class A to be related to all individual of class B, all you need do is to relate class A to class B with the property 'isapplicableto' since a class is a set containing individuals the se property will be used for all the individuals in class A and B. Then if yu need to make a change just change the property name and it changes for all the individuals of the two classes. I hope this solves your problem.

--- On Thu, 1/21/10, Poovendran Moodley <moodleyp at> wrote:

From: Poovendran Moodley <moodleyp at>
Subject: [protege-owl] Enumerated Classes and Special Relationships
To: "User support for the Protege-OWL editor" <protege-owl at>
Date: Thursday, January 21, 2010, 9:56 AM

Hi all,

I have two enumerated class with individuals that I'd like to have a binary relationship with each other. So let's suppose I have class A and B, then I'd like all elements of class A to be related to every element in class B using the object property isAppliableTo.

I know that I could infer that every individual in class A has the property by using the equivalence class:
isAppliableTo value individualB_1

where individualB_1 is some individual from class B; if I repeat the relationship above for every individual in B then each individual in A will have the property inferred to it.

It's a bit tedious, and if a change occurs, I'd have to make changes in two places. So I was hoping there's an easier way to do this? Or a better approach?

Kind regards

-----Inline Attachment Follows-----

protege-owl mailing list
protege-owl at