[protege-owl] regarding the encoding

Timothy Redmond tredmond at stanford.edu
Thu Jan 21 07:46:01 PST 2010

> How do i set the encoding for Indian scripts(tamil or telugu in the
> protege editor?
>

> In encoding UTF-8/UTF16 options are there,
UTF-8 is recommended and is the default in Protege.  UTF-16 is not
recommended because it encodes exactly the same character set (Unicode)
and is not ascii compatible.

Everything should just work in Protege.  There are possible issues that
you may encounter (missing fonts, cut and paste from programs using a
non-utf-8 encoding) but if you find some problems let us know.
> how do i set the specific range(plane) in UTF?
So while I have some understanding of unicode and encodings, I don't
know much about how you input the data.  Protege 3 has a unicode panel
(Edit -> insert unicode characters...) but this doesn't seem to include
the entire unicode character set and may not be the most practical
method for inserting characters.  In particular I don't see the
characters that you mention.  If this panel would indeed be useful to
you, I can take a look at the code and see if it can be easily extended.

-Timothy