[protege-owl] regarding the encoding

Timothy Redmond tredmond at stanford.edu
Thu Jan 21 10:08:07 PST 2010

> how do i set the specific range(plane) in UTF?
I went digging a bit and it seems that there is a method for changing
the input method in java.  I found two pages - [1] and an update on
[2].  I got it to work but it took a little tinkering.

So the thing that guided my search was the fact that Java is based on
unicode.  A java character is equivalent to a 16 bit unicode character
and Java strings represent the entire unicode character set using the
UTF-16 encoding.  So one might expect a java solution and so it seems to
turn out.  On my system the character does not display correctly but I
think that this is a font issue.

-Timothy

[1]
http://java.sun.com/products/jfc/tsc/articles/InputMethod/inputmethod.html