[protege-owl] How to detect undefined references in rdf:resource

Thomas Russ tar at ISI.EDU
Fri Jan 22 13:17:02 PST 2010

On Jan 20, 2010, at 2:56 PM, Buns wrote:

> Thank you, Thomas,
>
> but how do I make UntypedResource a visible Class? Do I have to
> define it explicitly?

Actually, it seems to appear in the Protege 3.4.2 automatically
whenever it is needed.
The real name is "protege:ExternalResource".
Attached is a screen shot from my editor showing this for a simple
test ontology defined as:

  <owl:ObjectProperty rdf:ID="P"/>
   <owl:Thing rdf:ID="i">
     <P rdf:resource="#unknown"/>
   </owl:Thing>

where there is one otherwise undefined RDF resource named "unknown".

> The background is, I generate an ontology out of an XML-file using
> XSLT in order to use it for verification purposes and for detecting
> kind of inconsistencies. In this context ... can this
> UntypedResource class be used as a dump, where all references to
> undefined resources can be collected?

Well, I would think that when you load the OWL file into Protege any
such external resources would be collected under this class.