[protege-owl] Different behavior in Protege 3x and 4x

swamy alswamy at gmail.com
Sun Jan 24 03:42:42 PST 2010

Hi All,

I have sample ontology to find near by restaurants.

I have made this ontology using Protege 3x and applied the following rule
too.

eg:
Place(?p)  ∧ Category(Chinese_Restaurants)  ∧ hasCategory(?p,
Chinese_Restaurants)  ∧ Selected(?s)  → hasSelected(?s, ?p)

And when I am trying the same in Protege 4 or (Pellet + OWL API), I am
getting the following error in the rule part.

In Protege 4x - IllegalStateException: Node is null. Attempting to get node
for Chinese_Restaurants
In Pellet & OWL API -  Error: Node is null. Attempting to get node for
Chinese_Restaurants

Here Chinese_Restaurants is individual of Category class.

Please help me in explain this difference.

Thank you in advance.

Regards,
Swamy