[protege-owl] Protege 3.4.2. and Snow Leopard problems

Timothy Redmond tredmond at stanford.edu
Mon Jan 25 11:56:11 PST 2010

Hello -

Unfortunately I had no luck replicating this.  I installed Protege 3.4.2
using both the "Download Installer for OS X" and the MacOSX Download
button.  Both seemed to behave the same way.  I installed it into the
Applications directory and did a classification of the pizza ontology.
I did this both with my account (which has administrative privileges)
and using a guest account with no privileges.  My version of Snow
Leopard is fully up to date and I have the same java version as you
have.

One thing that I did not fully check out was all the alternative ways of
running Protege.  I did it by going to '/Applications/Protege_3.4.2' and
clicking the Protege application bundle.  Did you use one of the
shortcuts?  Perhaps one of them is broken?

-Timothy