[protege-owl] aggregating over group members

James Prentice prentice.j.a at gmail.com
Mon Jan 25 17:12:53 PST 2010

I would like to create an ontology where I specify that several
members make up the entirety of a group. For example, John, Jane and
Susy make up the entirety of Family (3 members). Furthermore, if some
object property holds between each of members, I would like to be able
to infer that it holds for the group. For example, if
likesFood(person, Macaroni) is true for each person then I can
conclude that likesFood(Group, Macaroni) is true. Is this type of
representation possible in OWL, or would I have to use SWRL?

Cheers,
Jim