[protege-owl] aggregating over group members

Thomas Schneider schneidt at cs.man.ac.uk
Tue Jan 26 01:10:21 PST 2010

Hi James,

you could use John, Jane and Susy as nominals and then declare the
class Family to be equivalent to {John,Jane,Susy}. If you also say
that all three family members like Macaroni and then ask for
subclasses of "likesFood value Macaroni", you will get "Family" as
SubClass.

However, reasoning with nominals is usually hard, so it might be worth
looking into other ways of representing this closing of your knowledge.

Cheers

Thomas