[protege-owl] Please reply - Different behavior in Protege 3x and 4x

swamy alswamy at
Tue Jan 26 09:25:01 PST 2010

I am sorry to ask you again, can somebody please answer to my
below question? I need to get this clarified as soon as possible for my
current project.

Just please let me know if this is not valid at all.

Thanks a lot in advance.

On 1/24/10, swamy <alswamy at> wrote:
> Hi All,
> I have sample ontology to find near by restaurants.
> I have made this ontology using Protege 3x and applied the following rule
> too.
> eg:
> Place(?p)  ∧ Category(Chinese_Restaurants)  ∧ hasCategory(?p,
> Chinese_Restaurants)  ∧ Selected(?s)  → hasSelected(?s, ?p)
> And when I am trying the same in Protege 4 or (Pellet + OWL API), I am
> getting the following error in the rule part.
> In Protege 4x - IllegalStateException: Node is null. Attempting to get node
> for Chinese_Restaurants
> In Pellet & OWL API -  Error: Node is null. Attempting to get node for
> Chinese_Restaurants
> Here Chinese_Restaurants is individual of Category class.
> Please help me in explain this difference.
> Thank you in advance.
> Regards,
> Swamy

Thanks & Regards