[protege-owl] travel in a named class using OWL API

Chun cll25 at bath.ac.uk
Tue Jan 26 09:47:12 PST 2010

> > 3. the class and method to get the name in a string of all captured
subclasses
> > of the GeometryElements?
> OWLClass has a convenience method, getSubclasses, which will find those
> subclasses of the class that are asserted in a given ontology or set of
> ontologies.

But OWLClass.getSubclasses() returns a set of OWLDescriptions. How do I
extract the name string of its corresponding class?

and when I debug the size of the returned set, the number is for the immediate
level of its subclasses. If i want to travel all existing subclasses in all
levels, what should I do?

Many thanks,