[protege-owl] properties on classes?

Anthony McCallum mccallum.anthony at gmail.com
Tue Jan 26 14:57:22 PST 2010

I am creating a classification to store genetic data.  A given DNA
sequence will be an individual of a given family.  I am modeling these
families as classes in OWL.  Therefore, let's say sequence123 will be
an individual of the class A_family_sequence.  What I would like to do
is have the option of adding properties to the families so that, in
the future, it wouldn't be too difficult to implement some kind of
classification software which can determine which family a given DNA
sequence belongs to based on it's characteristics.  So for example,
given a new sequence, sequence456, we can determine if it best fits an
individual of A_family_sequence or B_family_sequence.  Of course all
the sequences which have, for example, A_family_sequence as it's
parent, will share the same family level property values.

Thanks,
Anthony