[protege-owl] SWRL Rules / pizza.owl

Poovendran Moodley moodleyp at cs.ukzn.ac.za
Wed Jan 27 01:06:19 PST 2010

Hi David,

I'm fairly new to ontology rules, but I was wondering, *Hot* is a class so
by taking *z* from that class, are you suggesting that you'd like *x* to
have a relationship with every possible *z*?

I don't recall the pizza example that well, but isn't the relationship *
hasSpiciness*, functional? Thus it is not possible for *x* to have a
relationship with every *z* which would, I suspect, make this rule have no
affect.

You say that you'd like the Pizza to have a spiciness of *Hot*, but
remember, *Hot* is a class and you can't related an individual to a class
via a property - only via membership. Anyway, like I said, I'm quite new to
this too so I could be mistaken...

Kind regards
Pooven