[protege-owl] ajax and owl api

Poovendran Moodley moodleyp at cs.ukzn.ac.za
Wed Jan 27 02:23:01 PST 2010

Hi again,

I've only worked with JSP so I can't advise if it is the only way - I
suspect it is not. The nice thing about JSP is that it's so easy to send
information (from some Java program) between server and client... it's quite
possible that you can use a script on the server side to execute a Java
program (most languages allow a native execute) but you'd have to then
extract the response from the Java program (maybe save the output in an xml
file that you read from the JavaScript? I don't know much about JavaScript).

That in itself isn't impossible, but I'd image it a rather convoluted way of
doing things. Even if you manage to execute a Java program using JavaScript,
I can't see how the response can't be automatically passed back to the
client but it's worth investigating. Oh, and yes, the JavaScript you
mentioned must be executing a script on the server side - I believe
JavaScript isn't allowed to have privileges like that on the client side.

I'm sorry that I can't be of more help.

Kind regards
Pooven