[protege-owl] Differences between OWL/RDF file and OWL/RDF database?

aden ali aaatita at
Thu Jul 1 09:29:16 PDT 2010

Hello Everyone,

I know that using Protege 3.4, there is a possibility either to use OWL/RDF
file or OWL/RDF database.And I know that if I want to use file application for
my plug-in so I can use:

OWLModel model = (OWLModel) project.getKnowledgeBase();

to get OWLModel from knowledge base but I wonder if I can use OWLModel
for database. Could someone help me to know what are their differences
programmatically speaking?

Thank you in advance for your

Best regards,

Hotmail : une messagerie fiable avec une protection anti-spam performante