[protege-owl] Differences between OWL/RDF file and OWL/RDF database?

Tania Tudorache tudorache at stanford.edu
Thu Jul 1 15:37:11 PDT 2010

In terms of the API, there is no difference between a database project
and file backend. Both the file backend (JenaOWLModel) and the database
backend (OWLDatabaseModel) implement the OWLModel interface, which
contains all the methods to access your ontology.

So, if you want to use your code with both the file and the database
backend, make sure you use OWLModel, rather than JenaOWLModel.

Tania