[protege-owl] Writign SWRL rules using the Rules editor in Protege 4.1

Jean-Marc Vanel jeanmarc.vanel at gmail.com
Sat Jul 3 04:24:43 PDT 2010

2010/7/3 nimonika <m.solanki at mcs.le.ac.uk>:

> Apologies if this sounds naive, but I am not able to figure out how to
> actually write a SWRL rule using the Rules editor in Protege 4.1, i.e.,
> specifying conjunctions and implications.  If anyone can point me to a

In Protégé 4, the SWRL input in found in View / Ontology views / Rules.
During a classification execution with Pellet, the rules are taken into
account, complying with a subset of SWRL called DL safe.

In addition to the SWRL specification <http://www.w3.org/Submission/SWRL/>,
the SWRL Language
FAQ<http://protege.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?SWRLLanguageFAQ> by
Martin O'Connor is worth reading.