[protege-owl] Writign SWRL rules using the Rules editor in Protege 4.1

Jean-Marc Vanel jeanmarc.vanel at
Sat Jul 3 04:24:43 PDT 2010

2010/7/3 nimonika <m.solanki at>:
> Apologies if this sounds naive, but I am not able to figure out how to
> actually write a SWRL rule using the Rules editor in Protege 4.1, i.e.,
> specifying conjunctions and implications.  If anyone can point me to a

In Protégé 4, the SWRL input in found in View / Ontology views / Rules.
During a classification execution with Pellet, the rules are taken into
account, complying with a subset of SWRL called DL safe.

In addition to the SWRL specification <>,
the SWRL Language
FAQ<> by
Martin O'Connor is worth reading.
Jean-Marc Vanel
Consulting, services, training,
Rule-based programming, Semantic Web
EulerGUI, a turntable GUI for Semantic Web + rules, XML, UML, eCore, Java
+33 (0)6 89 16 29 52 -- +33 (0)1 39 55 58 16
( we rarely listen to voice messages, please send a mail instead )