[protege-owl] DL query : is it possible to write query with key words such as Type

Timothy Redmond tredmond at stanford.edu
Tue Jul 6 08:24:41 PDT 2010

On 07/06/2010 07:33 AM, Mathilde Deffontaines wrote:
> Hi :-)
> Thanks for the answer. Now as the pic illustrate, I've made the
> following query:
> *Defaut and forme some (Agregat and estFormeDe some (Poste1N and
> contient some TransfoConsigne))*
> It answers two individuals PRELEY631 and CPVANY632 that are
> individuals from the class TransfoDefaut, and TransfoDefaut is a
> subclass of Defaut.

Just to check - be aware that if PRELEY631 and CPVANY632 are the only
known individuals in TransoDefaut, it does not necessarily follow that
all individuals in TransoDefaut are members of

    *Defaut and forme some (Agregat and estFormeDe some (Poste1N and contient some TransfoConsigne))*

The reasoner knows that there might be other individuals in TransoDefaut
that you have not mentioned.

> I think that if I tick the checkbox Subclasses it will give me the
> TransfoDefaut class and it does not. Why? (The class TransfoDefaut is
> also a subclass of Transfo but I don't think it matters)

It is not clear from the evidence that you provided why you believe that

    *TransoDefaut**SubClassOf*forme some (Agregat and estFormeDe some (Poste1N and contient some TransfoConsigne))**

I can see from the left hand panel that

    TransoDefault SubClassOf Default

but what about the other conjunct?

-Timothy