[protege-owl] OWL annotation properties

Thomas Russ tar at isi.edu
Tue Jul 6 15:53:44 PDT 2010

On Jul 6, 2010, at 1:56 PM, Dário Abdulrehman wrote:

> I would like to attach access control information to classes (i.e.,
> who can view, update, etc., the information) and it would be nice if
> that data could be inherited. Since that information is metadata, I
> thought that the annotation properties could be used for that
> purpose.  Perhaps they should be modeled as object properties.

Object properties still wouldn't inherit.

The only way to get inheritance would be if there were restrictions on
the metaclasses that you then used to create your domain classes.  But
this is not supported in OWL-DL.  I'm not even sure if you are allowed
to do this in OWL-Full, but in any case, the standard DL reasoners
would not work with it.