[protege-owl] Working over owl ontology with swrl rules

Marcelino Sente zaratruta at gmail.com
Wed Jul 7 08:53:30 PDT 2010

Hi...
I´m trying to use java frameworks to manipulate and reason over owl
ontologies. I have builded an owl ontology as an example. This ontology
represents the family relations. The structure of the ontology has been
modeled in owl, but some implications has been modeled using rules in swrl.
I´m using Protege with SWRLtab. I want to know how reasoning over this
ontology in a java application. How can i reason over the swrl rules in a
java application? Can i to use the JessTab and jess engine for this? Are
this frameworks adequate to read and load the swrl rules encoded in a owl
file and, after, to reason over the ontology+rules? Is there some code
example that ilustrates this process?

Thanks!

PS: Escuse me, my english is not so good.