[protege-owl] Using Individual Editor Interface from JAVA API

Ana Rossello Busquet aros at fotonik.dtu.dk
Thu Jul 8 07:19:46 PDT 2010

Hi,

I am designing a java application using protégé 3.4. I would like to use the Individual Editor interface of protégé in my program however I did not manage to find out how.

I would like that from my java application user interface, by clicking on a botton, the Individual Editor from protégé would open to show all the properties and the individuals link to the properties. In addition I would like that the properties of this window can be also used (if you doble click on an individual from this window a new window opens, create new individuals or assign already individuals to certain properties, etc.). I want to do this in order to be able to create new individuals from my java api without having to go to protégé and then having to restart the java api.

I been trying to use ResourceDisplay and InstanceDisplay from the package edu.stanford.smi.protegex.owl.ui.resourcedisplay and edu.stanford.smi.protege.ui respectivelly, without success. My java level is basic and this is the first time I try to do user interfaces with java. For the rest of my application I have been using javax.swing and java.awt.

I will really appreciate any help or tip you can give me.

Thanks,

Ana Rosselló-Busquet