[protege-owl] Create Rules in Eclipse using Protege 3.4.4

Ana Rossello Busquet aros at fotonik.dtu.dk
Tue Jul 13 23:41:42 PDT 2010

Hi,

I am new with rules and I would like a little advice. I have been creating my java application using Protégé 3.4.4. I managed to load and modify my ontology and make queries using SQWRL. Now I would like to integrate some rules.

My ontology consists of the set of appliance that can be found at home: lights, button, TV, washing machine, etc. I want to create rules that given an event can modify my ontology. For example:

If button1 is pressed then turn on light 1.
In other words:
If button1 hasState ==On then light1 hasState ==On

I was thinking of using SWRL but I have read that in my case SWRL is not a good option as it does not modify the ontology. Can anyone please recommend me a tutorial/documentation that can help me find a way to do this?

Thanks!

Ana Rossello Busquet