[protege-owl] importing SKOS-XL

Paul Hermans paul at proxml.be
Wed Jul 14 07:44:51 PDT 2010

Hi Timothy,

I have the impression that the question has been misunderstood on the owl-api list.

The issue is not that SKOS is built in; I can live with that.
(Question stays: which skos (full or DL) and I do not seem able to influence that)

But the issue is that my SKOS editing experience has gone.
I do not see the skos classes and properties where I expect them and, even more difficult, I see them sometimes in places where I didn't expect them.
This compared to doing SKOS in an environment using Jena as backend or the previous version of Protégé.

Maybe OWL2 and hence the OWL-API changes the SKOS game but I do want to understand then why.

Regards,

Paul

Kind Regards,
Paul Hermans