[protege-owl] Referencing a remote RDF object

Andrew Berry andrewberry at
Wed Jul 14 10:17:16 PDT 2010

On 2010-07-14, at 12:10 PM, Timothy Redmond wrote:

> In order to get the vcard to automatically be downloaded at parse time, the vcard information would have to be included in an ontology and imported.

Thanks; I have this done using Protege, and I can reference VCard objects within the ontology. What about for actual RDF files implementing the ontology? Is there a method to indicate that the contents of a class can either be inline, or pulled from a remote data source via an HTTP url?

This might not be supported by RDF at all, but given how well remote ontologies work I wonder if I'm just missing the right keywords.