[protege-owl] SWRL and RDF Support for the Protege Editors

Timothy Redmond tredmond at stanford.edu
Fri Jul 16 12:05:27 PDT 2010

On 07/16/2010 07:01 AM, Roshan A. Bhojwani wrote:
> To Whom It May Concern,
>
>          Hi, I would like to know what are the current specifications for SWRL and RDF support for versions 3.4.4, 4.0.2, and 4.1 of the OWL Protege Editor.  I checked the comparison page provided by the Protege website and I noticed that it was last modified on June 16, 2009, so I figured it's probably outdated. With that, I would like to know which of the versions I listed is the latest version of the Protege editor with full or the most SWRL and RDF support. Thank you!

I suspect that the status has not changed except that I would encourage
you to use Protege 4.1 rather than Protege 4.0.2.  Protege 3.4.4 only
supports OWL 1.0 but it includes some special tools for working with
SWRL.  Protege 4.1 understands OWL 2.  Protege 4.1 will read and
understand the SWRL generated by Protege 3.4.4 but Martin's SWRL support
has not yet been ported to that platform.