[protege-owl] class

Jean-Marc Vanel jeanmarc.vanel at
Sun Jul 18 06:15:44 PDT 2010

2010/7/18 Heinzle <heinzle at>

>  Hello!
> Maybe someone can help me: What does it mean a class called Nothing
> included in my Inferred Class Hierarchy?
> This class doesn´t exist in the Asserted Class Hierarchy. Why is it
> included?
 This is the super-class of all classes whose definition is
self-contradictory, so that they cannot have instances (like the ice-cream
in the Pizza example).
So "Nothing" appears just as a place holder.
Jean-Marc Vanel
Consulting, services, training,
Rule-based programming, Semantic Web
EulerGUI, a turntable GUI for Semantic Web + rules, XML, UML, eCore, Java
+33 (0)6 89 16 29 52 -- +33 (0)1 39 55 58 16
( we rarely listen to voice messages, please send a mail instead )