[protege-owl] namespace problem,help!

Joe2278567 joe_wong85 at
Thu Jul 22 13:12:36 PDT 2010

>To get a shorter name using the OWLAPI, you want to call
> myProperty.getIRI().getFragment()
>That will get you just the part after the "#" character.

hi, this method can not implement as String, i am looking at another way to
solve the prefix:

        ImportHelper importHelper = new ImportHelper(model);
        URI importUri =

        model.getNamespaceManager().setPrefix(importUri, "altar:");

but still get stuck.. somebody told me i should set up a "default namespace
prefix", but still can not work out the solution..btw thnx

Sent from the Protege OWL mailing list archive at