[protege-owl] Protege server - Need to restart server to make the changes up

Tania Tudorache tudorache at stanford.edu
Tue Jul 27 17:53:51 PDT 2010

Brice, the solution depends on your scenario. If you modify the imported
ontology using the server through the importing ontology (e.g. delete an
imported class), then all your clients will see that change.

However, if you modify the imported ontology outside of the Protege
server, then there is no way for the server to know that the underlying
DB has changed.

Also, if you have two different remote ontologies on the server (one for
the importing, and for the imported), they will not be aware of each other.

There is some experimental code that allows you to set the active
ontology in client-server mode. Then, you could load the importing
ontology and set as the active ontology the imported ontology. All
changes that you make will go into the imported ontology, and the other
clients that have loaded the importing ontology, will see the change.
But, this is still experimental code..

Cheers,
Tania