[protege-owl] Protege server - Need to restart server to make the changes up

Brice Sommacal brice.sommacal at gmail.com
Wed Jul 28 01:17:43 PDT 2010

Hello Tania,

I made the following try and it's mainly working, but thrown me an error
(see below).

    1- Open the imported ontology (named A)
    2- Add a new Class in A
    3- Open the importing ontology (named B)

>From there, the new Class is not viewable.
In metadata tab, select the imported ontology, and click on "Set active
ontology"
=> The new class is displayed.

In the inverse way, I tryed to delete the class.

    1- Open the imported ontology (named A)
    2- Delete class in A
    3- Open the importing ontology (named B)

The class A still there. So, I clicked on "Set active otology" like
preceding, but the class A still be there.
Then, I removed the imported ontology, and imported it again. But it thrown
me an error.
I close the projet, and re-open it.

>From now, In the metadata tab, the imported ontology does not appear
anymore. The class A was still being displayed, but its prefix was not set.
(eg. instead of bz:A, I saw http://www.ontologie.com/class#A).

Then I clicked on "set active ontology" on the main one. (eg. the importing
ontology) and in class and property tabs, the display is correct. (with
namespaces, and without class A)

So far, it came back in a normal display.

But, in the metadata tab, the imported ontology does not appear. Even trying
to re-import the ontology, I obtain this error:

java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException
        at
edu.stanford.smi.protegex.owl.server.triplestore.ClientTripleStoreModel.createActiveImportedTripleStore(Unkno
wn Source)
        at
edu.stanford.smi.protegex.owl.repository.impl.DatabaseRepository.loadImportedAssertions(Unknown
Source)
        at
edu.stanford.smi.protegex.owl.model.impl.AbstractOWLModel.loadImportedAssertions(Unknown
Source)
        at
edu.stanford.smi.protegex.owl.model.util.ImportHelper.importOntologies(Unknown
Source)
        at
edu.stanford.smi.protegex.owl.model.util.ImportHelper.importOntologies(Unknown
Source)
        at
edu.stanford.smi.protegex.owl.ui.importstree.ImportsTreePanel.addImport(Unknown
Source)
        at
edu.stanford.smi.protegex.owl.ui.importstree.ImportsTreePanel.access$100(Unknown
Source)
        at
edu.stanford.smi.protegex.owl.ui.importstree.ImportsTreePanel$2.actionPerformed(Unknown
Source)
        at javax.swing.AbstractButton$Handler.actionPerformed(Unknown
Source)
        at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.fireActionPerformed(Unknown
Source)
        at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicButtonListener.mouseReleased(Unknown
Source)
        at java.awt.AWTEventMulticaster.mouseReleased(Unknown Source)
        at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(Unknown
Source)
        at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown
Source)

BR,

Brice